Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

28 weeks... and growing

Dear Baby,
I'm 28 weeks pregnant with you. I have now officially entered my third trimester, and the most uncomfortable period of pregnancy. I have aches and pains all day from your growing body. My back is almost in a permanent state of ouch. My stomach is being stretched like bubble gum, and feels like I've done about 300 sit ups. I am sore, I am tired, and I am really really hot, since it's about 100 plus degrees here most days.

Your brothers and I have been living in the air conditioned house that your daddy has so graciously given me. Most days I lay pantless underneath the air vent. Your poor brothers are going stir crazy and I feel terrible about that. But I keep telling myself that keeping you healthy and inside my body is just more important right now. We manage.

Most days I don't notice how enormous I have become, until I go to church. This last week I got 3 seperate comments about how big I was, and that I must be due anyday. Your nana keeps telling me I must be having twins. It really does wonders to one's self-esteem. But secretly, it just makes me nervous that you're going to come sooner than planned.

So I'm springing to action, coming up with back-up plans, sorting through your clothes, finishing up things on your nursery, and giving your daddy extra projects. I want to be sure that we're ready for you, even if you surprise us and come early.

Until then, I am here, with my ever-growing belly just trying to enjoy the very last time I will ever be pregnant, the very last time my body will ever look like this again. Which kind of makes it a little bittersweet. And then my back spasms and I remember that it's not quite so wonderful, but certainly worth it.


I love you sweet baby.... even when you break me.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment