Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

A letter to doctors who don't know anything....

Dear Mr. Braxton and Mr. Hicks,

I would like to address this letter especially to you today, as you seem to be popping up in my life regularily. I am not sure exactly what made you think that as men, men who have not given birth nor have ever experienced the pain of labor, you could categorize early contractions.

The term "slight discomfort" or "a tightening of your uterus" is grossly understated and I feel it is my duty to set you two straight. When your body hurts so bad you have to bite on something to keep from screaming and waking your children, that is more than slight discomfort. When you cannot move, breathe, or even think of anything but horrific pain, that's a little more than a tightening of your uterus.

Ofcourse, silly me, maybe I'm just overexaggerating things. Afterall, I've only had 3 babies! Grrr.... Braxton. Grrr.... Hicks, I hope that there is a swarm of angry, and very pregnant mothers who have come to beat you to death.

Sincerely,

Erin Kaye Warkentin

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm so sorry they are so painful! I actually had no idea that Braxton-Hicks could be so painful. I hope they get better soon for you so you're not in so much pain, that is definitely no fun!

    ReplyDelete