Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Checkup number.... oh I've lost count

Dear Baby,

Today I went to another doctor appointment. I have to get my glucose test pretty soon. I don't know why everyone I talk to always complains about the drink you have to drink, I hate the needle and drawing blood part.

Today I heard your heart again, felt you move, and then they measured me. To my doctor's astonishment my tummy is measuring 2 weeks early. This is the same thing that happened to me when I was pregnant with Noah. At my 36 week checkup with him, I measured 40 weeks. The doctor said "oh you're going to have a big baby." I didn't, instead I went into labor the next day.

I am 26 weeks pregnant now, and I am measuring at 28 weeks. If that is correct, than your due date is not going to be October 28th. I'm thinking, at least the 14th or 15th by what I am measuring now. I can't wait to see what I'm measuring in 3 weeks. I am curious what that will tell us about when you'll decide to show up. It's kinda fun having a built in system that gives me a heads-up early to be prepared and pack my hospital bag.

But for now, I am still busy getting your room ready, and planning your baby shower, and preparing for my baby girl.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that Olivia may be here a little before your due date! At my last appointment, Dr. Oliva said I was measuring small, so our baby may be here a little late. :) Definitely exciting to go to doctor's appointments and see baby's progress.

    ReplyDelete