Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Nursery update

Dear Baby,

I am slow in posting pictures of your nursery, but I wanted you to know that I have NOT been slow in getting it ready. I have absolutely thrown myself into the land of pink this month. Doing projects, and putting friends and family to work. Everyone has been in on it, it seems. Your nursery is definitely the product of many sets of hands. I thought I'd give you a sneak peak at what we've been up to:So first off are your curtains. I picked out the fabric and got your lovely Aunt Lauren to sew them. They turned out so nice!Next was the bumper. I ended up picking out some pink and green striped fabric to accent it, and once again your Aunt Lauren really worked her magic on it. I think it goes so well with the stripes and the big pink wall.Ofcourse your daddy got in on things as well. He decided that you needed a shelf to put all your hair things on, so he went to the hardware store and got you one. He felt really good about putting some work into your room. I think all the pink intimidates him though..Just this weekend your grandparents came up and offered to help us put the chandelier up. I bought this chandelier sometime ago. Mostly because I always wanted one when I was a little girl. But it turns out that it was much more complicated to put up then I thought, so we needed some expert advice. They lovingly put it up for you baby. Then I made the backboard for your wall. I was originally going to make it a pushpin board, but opted to use the remainder of the fabric to be a backboard for your hairstation. It turned out pretty well I think.And here are the baskets I made for your station. I really think it turned out nicely.

Well that's it for now my love. It's not completely finished yet, and we still have clothes to put in your drawers, but I think we've made quite a dent in it!

Love, Mama

1 comment:

  1. so beautiful! I love that look! :)

    ------
    and Miss Olivia... I've been working on a little something for you too... you can decide if you like it, but I think you will. :)

    ReplyDelete