Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Saying Goodbye to the belly

Dear Baby,
I just realized that today is the very last day I will ever be pregnant again. That is a bittersweet thought. It's been quite difficult this time around, and keeping you in for so long has had it's challenges. But when I think that I will never mold my hand to the shape of my round belly again it makes me a little....sad.

But the sadness is overridden by the fact that this is also the very last day that I will ever wonder what your sweet angel face looks like, or if you'll have your daddy's eyelashes. You see Olivia, it is the very last day that I will ever NOT know what life is like without you in it.

My sweet sweet baby love, how I have loved carrying you inside me. I have cherished every movement, kick, and hiccup. I have grown so in love with you already and I've never even met you. And even though I will miss the feel of you kicking my ribcage at an appropriate time in a movie or song, as if we share our own private little joke, I know that I will love far more to smell your sweet breath and kiss your precious cheeks.

So goodbye round belly. Goodbye waddle. Goodbye cute bump beneath my shirt. I want my baby girl instead!


Love forever and ever,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment