Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 22, 2010

The big wait

Dear Baby,

There are just 4 days until you arrive on the planet. I have to say, these might just be the longest 4 days of my life. I am just crawling out of my skin in anticipation. I'm too big to do anything fun to pass the time. I get winded just walking to get the mail. There is no position that is comfortable to sleep in. And you have decided to make my tailbone your permanent residence, which I have to say makes you a big pain in the butt :)

Ofcourse, occasionally you decide to leave my tailbone and to plant yourself in my ribcage- equally as fun. Sometimes you take your little toes and wrinkle them against the side of my ribs. It feels like a kind of hurt/tickle that I can't explain. And I'm almost positive that when you come out, we will see you wrinkle your toes in that same little way and a part of me will have that phantom pain in my ribcage.

I have now officially become 39 weeks pregnant, and you hold the record my dear for the longest amount of time I have ever been pregnant. Elijah was born when I was exactly 39 weeks, you have exceeded him. And to think, we were so afraid you would come dangerously early. You continue to amaze me as your growth has also exceeded all expectations. My stomach is the biggest it's EVER been. Just yesterday I had to adjust the seat in the car so I could drive. I had driven the DAY BEFORE. It's amazing that you grew that much in a day.

I am trying to take in the last few days that I will ever be pregnant. I hold my belly every chance I get, though now it stretches the length of my arms.I am trying to remember every kick, every movement. I am cuddling you on the outside until I can cuddle you on the inside.

Just some thoughts about you my love, and our last few days together just you and me. I will always remember this pregnancy. It's been one of the most challenging roller coaster rides ever but it's also been amazing having this time to bond with you. I know how excited I am for you to come out of me, but I also know that all-too-soon you will be sitting in my lap, and I will miss the time you were growing in my womb.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment