Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Halloween Baby

Dear Baby,

Today they told me your scheduled C-section is for October 26th. I about fell over. That seems like an eternity. I know it's only 3 weeks away, but seriously 3 weeks? I am thinking about what your birthdays will be like. I'm thinking about all the fall-themed fun we can have throwing your birthday parties. You can have caramel apples and candy corn cupcakes. But I am really hoping that you come just a little bit earlier, because I don't want you to have a Halloween themed birthday every year. I guess I just feel like it takes away from your special day. I know I really don't have control over that. Truth be told, it has a lot to do with the fact that my doctor is going on vacation for 3 weeks and this is when she will get around to doing it.

It's hard to think that your birthdays for the whole rest of your life will be determined based on the fact that my doctor went to Hawaii. It kind of, perturbs me. Hopefully, if you're anything like what I think you're like, you are going to make your grand entrance on a day when nobody expects. I have this sneaking suspicion that you are going to have to be original, not just ANY day will do. It will have to be the day when YOU want to come. Truthfully, I am HOPING you'll be a diva like that.

But until then, I am enjoying the cool fall breeze and the view of leaves changing. I'm thinking about all the pumpkins we will carve and the hayrides we will be on together. Baby doll, my little "pumpkin" I am so thrilled that you are an October baby!

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Fall is my favorite time of year! And I am sure with two very musical parents and an outgoing, performance loving Mama, she will no doubt be a diva :) (But the good kind!)

    ReplyDelete