Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Nesting

Dear Baby,

It's 3 1/2 weeks until your due date. I don't know what that means exactly, but what it has meant for me is full throttle nesting mode. Really, it makes no sense because my stomach is so big (actually much bigger now than I was with either one of your brothers full term). How in the world do I find the energy? I'm not sure. But this week has been full of projects and things I have put off for approximately 9 months.

First I re-organized the boys room, then I took on mine. I've taken out the bassinet and cleaned that thoroughly. Every room in this house has been cleaned, organized and re-cleaned. Just last night I found myself on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor furiously. I just keep thinking "well I'm not going to have time for this when the baby gets here". How do I find the energy? How do I find the strength? I really couldn't tell you. I think it's just because I have nothing better to do than twiddle my thumbs and anticipate your arrival.

One thing is for sure. You will be coming home to a very clean house. Let's just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment