Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hitting the mark


Dear Baby,


It's been quite a week. We had a bit of an early labor scare with you on Sunday and had to stay in the hospital for a little while to get the clear. My belly is already so big, and here I sit at only 32 weeks pregnant. I can't bend over, or hardly walk. I can't breathe, or really do much of anything. I have officially hit the miserable stage of life. Though everyday my back hurts I wish I could just be rid of the pain and exhaustion, I fight for everyday to keep you in and growing and healthy.
My doctor scheduled a C-section for me on October 21st, but we both agreed that we doubted we would ever see that day. She thinks, as I do, that we will be lucky if I make it to 36 weeks. Now baby, at 36 weeks it till be September 29th. That is your Aunt Kate's birthday. Try not to come on that day so you don't have to share a birthday cake with her- trust me it's no fun.
But what is scary is that 36 weeks is actually close enough to be on my calendar. It is a dizzying reality that you could actually be in my arms, cooing, crying, snuggling with me in just a few short weeks. Maybe even less, who even knows. But I am aiming for that 36 week mark so that your lungs can fully develop and you can get some meat on your bones. It's on my calendar baby, I am GOING to make it !
Lovingly your Mama

2 comments:

  1. Olivia -- how 'bout wait until 37... just for fun. ;)

    And no more scares...deal???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 36 weeks with Charity! ...But if you do make it to the 21st of October, that could be sort of cool because my birthday is the 22nd! :) Hang in there... we are praying for you and Olivia and excited for whatever day she may arrive!

    ReplyDelete