Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

A blubbery mess

Dear Baby,

It's 10pm, and I have cried from sun up to sun down today. Everytime I cry it's for a different reason, but I'm pretty sure the biggest reason is because I'm pregnant with a baby girl. I can recall being pretty irrational with the boys and their pregnancies, but this seems off the chart. I think you must be a VERY VERY girlie little girl because there is all kinds of estrogen in my body.

I don't know what it is, but it seems like everything sets me off. It can be a real life thing I've been thinking about, or seeing something on television that does it. Your brothers are pretty concerned. Elijah in particular keeps asking me "Why you so sad mama?" I wish I could tell him why, but I really just don't know.

I have never been one to cry in front of people. In fact, it's pretty rare that I will cry in front of anyone. But baby, I have been learning something from you. I have been learning to be more vulnerable and instead of covering it up or trying to hide it, I have decided to embrace it. You know why? Because it's OKAY to cry when you're sad, or even if you just feel like it. It's pretty normal actually. Thank you for teaching me that baby.

Now I'm gonna take my puffy eyes and get in bed :)

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment