Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Being HUGE

Dear Baby, you're BIG!

Okay, so you're really not that big, but you FEEL enormous. I actually put a bathingsuit on the other day (don't worry baby, I'll spare you the pictures) and your grandma said "wow, you're HUGE!" I think she had good intentions while saying that, but it didn't feel good hearing it.

I am 6 months pregnant today. That means, I still have 3 more months. At this point, I cannot imagine how giant I am going to look by the end, but I am guessing that I will look like I swallowed the world's largest pumpkin. On top of that, I FEEL big. I can now see you poking out of me when you kick, my belly button is dangerously close to being non-existent and I am sore all the time. I remember what being big looked like, but I forgot entirely how it felt. And now that it is 102 degrees outside and showing no signs of getting cooler for at least 2 more months, I am getting crabby too!

I remember when I told people what my due date was, they would often make the comment "Oh... that means you have to go through summer months really big." I didn't think much of it at the time because I was big and pregnant with Elijah all the way until August. But I wasn't thinking about the fact that all of August and September it was going to be scorching hot too. It's getting kinda hard to breathe.

Yet, even though 3 months seems like FOREVER to be big and pregnant, I am also thinking how quickly 3 months is going to fly by and how much work I have to do on your nursery. I have a few more girl clothes this month, we're getting there. This whole girl thing is new to me, and it's taking some time.

Please don't squish me baby.
Love, Mama

3 comments:

  1. I so remember being preggo in the summer heat. It's horrible!!! Hope you have a kiddie pool in the back yard you can soak in... that was my saving grace. Miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you Erin, it is so hot right now! I definitely do not tolerate the heat as well as I used to. Keep ice cream and popsicles handy, they always seem to help.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got "are you having twins" at seven months... at a baby store no less!?! The lady at the Chinese restaurant thought I was having twins, then that I was "due any day" (when I had a couple months left), then that "oh, I think Daddy is very big."

    Such an adventure.

    I can't believe how big we get while growing babies... it is hard to comprehend.

    ReplyDelete