Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Dear Baby,
This weekend your Special Aunt Lauren and I are going to be painting your room. Doing your room has been a challenge for me because I have had so many years to dream up what I want to do with it. I have sat and researched the internet until my eyeballs have popped out of my head, looking for ideas I loved, and baby bedding that I liked. Ofcourse, I couldn't just go with a REGULAR bedding set like any normal mommy would. No, you had to have original bedding. So I eventually decided on doing your room in a damask print.
It's a little more sophisticated, and a little less tiny baby so that as you grow a little older, your room can also grow with you. After searching fabrics FOREVER, I finally decided on a Michael Miller fabric in candy pink. We're going to make curtains, a bumper, and a bedskirt out of this fabric. I am going to use the green stripe that is already painted in your brother's room and add pink to it. Then I plan on painting one accent wall pink. Here are some paint samples I am thinking about and the fabric for your room.

I've got this total picture of what I want it to look like in my head. A princess room, but not overly fairytale just more like a room fit for a princess. I think I mostly want it to look really really girlie, because I haven't gotten to experience that yet. I am having so much fun coming up with creative ideas. You and I are going to be spending a lot of time in that room, a lot of sleepless nights quietly rocking away in that room. And I want it to be a place we can both enjoy!
I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress little one.

Love,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited!! It is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel weird commenting on your blog to Olivia... I feel like it is a letter to her and has no place for comments by me... but I have to say I love her name! It is perfect! Beautiful name for a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete