Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The big scare

Dear Baby,

This week you gave us quite a scare. It's been a challenging couple of weeks just trying to wrap our brains around having 3 kids. It's a big commitment, a scary commitment. One we weren't sure we were ready for.

But on Sunday, when I woke up with horrible cramping and blood, all of our doubt left. All I could think of was you baby. How I hadn't even gotten a chance to feel your tiny kicks, or get to know you in my womb. How I would never know if you were a boy or a girl, or get to know your great personality and laugh at all your funny antics.

At that moment, your daddy looked at me with such fear. He was absolutely terrified, and I knew right then and there that we had been ready for you all along, we were just nervous.

We missed Easter Sunday service, and worried all day. We sat in the ER for 7 hours on Good Monday as we waited to hear if you were safe. It was truly a terrifying few days for us. When I finally got in, they put a monitor on my tummy and I watched as your heart not only was beating, but it was racing. I watched for small movement, and instead saw you swimming all over the place doing backflips inside me.

Baby we don't yet know you very well. We haven't had very much of a chance to get acquainted. But we love you very very much. We cherish every little heart flutter, and tiny kick we see on the monitor. You are absolutely loved baby, and really really wanted.

Thank you for being strong and a fighter (you're my baby ofcourse you're a fighter!) And thank you for hanging on so that we can meet you.

Love,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. This made me tear up. I'm grateful to know that everything was okay... a unique Easter for you all! ...Perhaps an opportunity to appreciate Christ's sacrifice all the more? I'm praying for little Baby Warkentine. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, how scary! I'm so glad everything is okay. I love this new blog, so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete