Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

8 months old and mother's milk

Dear Baby,
You're 8 months old now and it is a mystery to me how you got so old.Weren't you just a tiny newborn only a few minutes ago? Though everyone says you're still so tiny, I see it....the growth in you. How chubby your little cheeks are, how you can see me from down the hallway. How you know your father's face when he comes home from work. I see evidence of your growth everywhere.

But in one area, you're still very much my little baby. Liv you've always loved to breastfeed. I've never really had any trouble with you at all in that department. I went away for 5 days on a vacation with your daddy a few months back and was worried sick about leaving you and losing this connection I have with my little baby. But as soon as I came back, we went right back to normal and I cannot believe we've made it this far. I have to say, that after 2 different kinds of experiences with breastfeeding, it's nice to have somewhat of a success story with you.

I love the time we spend together. I love how you gently brush my face with your hands, or how you giggle at me when you're full . I love the connection and bond it brings in us, and am so thankful for it.

You recently got a tooth, and on occasion you like to "try it out" on me, which makes you laugh. It's not pleasant to me, but I'm thankful you don't really do it all the time.
Olivia, I'm not sure how long I will get this time with you, but I am really enjoying it. You are precious and I treasure you.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment