Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

3 weeks old

Dear Baby,
You are 3 weeks old today, and I already am starting to forget what life was ever like without you. What was the world like without those sweet lips, or that tiny bottom? I stay up most nights while quietly feeding you and I memorize every inch of that precious angel face.


I thank the Lord each night for you as I stroke that long black hair. And I wonder, where did you get that hair? I look at your eyes and watch them get darker and darker each day. I am so amazed by how dazzling those chocolate brown eyes are becoming. I pray over you while you eat and ask that He take care of you, that He watch you breathe in and out each night so that I can sleep and not worry. But mostly, I talk to the Lord about who you will become.
These are sleepless times right now, but they are sweet times. Times that I will forever remember. I will never forget how you cooed when I sang a Nichole Nordeman song to you or how precious your tiny cry is, almost a deep raspy cry. Excellent for jazz I think.


Oh my love, I adore you...even when you won't let me sleep.
Love, your mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment