Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Peekaboo- I see you!


Dear Baby:
Today we saw you in action. We saw your tiny feet kick around. We saw your arms stretch. We saw you move your lips, and flip around. We saw your heart beat, and heard it whirring around in my belly. We got to know you, this little life we've prayed over, thought about, planned for, and loved.

We got you on videotape, and we finally got your first pictures. What a moment, what a day. Today is the day that we found out that you are, in fact, a little girl!
My dear sweet little baby, I cannot tell you how long I have drempt of this day. I can now tell you that ever since you were teeny tiny I have had the idea that you were a girl. It is a thing that I have had with all my babies, knowing what they were from the time they were too itty bitty to even tell. Both of your brothers, I knew they were boys. And you my love, I knew would be a girl. But being able to finally see it on the screen, was amazing.
I ran to the store and bought pink bows for your hair, and pink bibs for you to wear. I am afraid my dear, that in a house full of boys, you are going to be ever-so-covered in pink from head to toe and there is really nothing you can do about it. I have drempt of my girl, prayed for my girl, hoped for my girl, and cried for my girl for a very long time. I thought about all the birthday parties, and girl movies, and sleepovers, and makeovers, and your prom, and your wedding. I cannot tell you how delighted I am to add you to our family, to make it complete.
We got to see every part of you today my sweet sweet baby. And I feel like I got to know you a little bit more, other than just the foods you like and don't like. I am so blessed to have this day, I will really never ever forget it.
Love,
Mama

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! You will love having a little girl. :) I'm glad you get to buy pink now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet you, sweet little lady! You and my dear Charity will be great friends! You two can have sleep overs and makeovers together!

    ReplyDelete